Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson


This book was sent to me by the publisher. It is a kid's book. a preteen novel, and the language and ideas are childlike but they are still sophisticated enough that a boy could read this and be satisfied because it is an exciting read. I can see that this is a successful attempt at creating a series that would appeal to young males who are too young to read more "exciting" literature with bad language and more adult themes. For what it is...I enjoyed it. The hero, Daniel, was quite likeable and the premise was interesting enough to keep me involved in the story and intrigued. The book was very short but that also worked in its genre's favour as a young boy would be disinclined to read a much longer book. Spoiler: I love Daniel's imagination and how he used his powers to recreate his family and friends.

1 comment:

Arthur said...

Thank yoou for sharing