Sunday, September 7, 2008

my life...




As much as I want this blog to be about my books and reviews, I also want to reveal more of myself. This year will be the first year that I am only working half days at school. I feel like I am skipping school when I leave at lunchtime and frankly this is the easiest transition that I have ever made into back-to-school September. Considering all the medical stuff lately and my MRI coming up on Tuesday afternoon...it is a good thing that I am only at school halftime.
My daughter had a bad experience starting grade 9 last week. She ended up having the same grade 9 English teacher that Nick had. During attendance check...he asked her if she was Nick Baff's sister. When she nodded he then laughed and asked her to "go home and slap him for me!" She was stunned and all the kids looked at each other in shock.. Nobody said a word. If it wasn't so tragic it would be comical as it was such a bizarre experience for her. It was easy enough to sort out and the teacher was so upset too...BUT he had known that Nick had died. He just forgot.
"What an idiot," is the school social worker's professional opinion. LOL
I miss him so much this week. He really loved school and would have been in grade 12 this year.
Bring on more books!!!!!

No comments: